To establish a world-class global Cordis Cardiac and Vascular Institute (CCVI) that provides physicians and other healthcare professionals with educational and clinical resources, including hands-on training, designed to support the development of their academic knowledge and procedural skills.
The CCVI Commitment:
To create an environment which enables healthcare professionals to:
- Improve patient outcomes through procedural expertise
- Make evidence-based treatment decisions with clinical data
- Expand the reach of education and technology for the millions of people with cardiovascular disease.
- Provide a network for best-practice sharing through education, training, and networking
The Cordis Cardiac and Vascular Institute (CCVI) Professional Education Programs for interventionalists, cath lab staff and other healthcare professionals consist of a series of educational activities categorized as follows:
- Interactive Medical Education Seminars chaired by leading experts in the topic under discussion
- Clinical Practice Workshops involving the use of virtual simulation, case reviews and, in some activities, the use of live cases
- Symposiums on topics associated with cardiac and vascular care
- Professional communication skills training – including medical writing and presentation skills.
CCVI programs are designed to support the development of academic knowledge and procedural skills.